Presby Boys Senior High School, Legon
Gender - Boys
Housing status - Day & Boarding
Year of Establishment - 1938
About Presbyterian Boys Senior High School
Presbyterian Boys Senior High School, Legon is a prestigious all-male academic institution established by the Presbyterian Church of Ghana on 1st February 1938 at Odumase Krobo in the Eastern Region of Ghana. The school started with 16 students who were selected through a special entrance examination and 4 teachers. The school moved to its current location, Legon in 1968.
The first Headmaster of the school Rev. E. A. W. Engmann, a 35-year-old man, offered himself to make the dream of the Presbyterian Church to establish a Secondary School started by Rev. N.T. Clerk, the Church’s first Synod Clerk, a reality. An alumnus of the school is referred to as Ɔdadeɛ (the baobab tree). The baobab tree is a Ghanaian symbol of knowledge, resourcefulness and strength.
PRESEC, Legon is dedicated to being the number one institution for young males in the country and Africa, an institution of excellence where students achieve their potential in scholarship, character development, civic responsibility, creative expression and Career/Post-Secondary Preparation.
It provides a safe and secure environment, quality instruction, personal guidance, and challenging learning opportunities for all students. The school exists to equip students for a fuller life to which Christian education based on the Presbyterian traditions opens the door.