Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), a top-ranking university of technology in Nigeria and indeed the nation's pride. Established in 1981, the university has grown tremendously, stretching its academic disciplines and research across eight different schools and over fifty academic departments
It is located in Akure, the capital city of Ondo State. Other universities of technology established around the same time were the Federal University of Technology Owerri, the Federal University of Technology, Abeokuta (FUTAB), which later metamorphosed to the present University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), the Federal University of Technology Minna, the Federal University of Technology Yola, and the Federal University of Technology Bauchi (now Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
To be a world-class University of Technology and a centre of excellence in training, research and service delivery
To promote technological advancement by providing a conducive environment for research, teaching and learning engenders the development of products that are technologically oriented, self-reliant and relevant to society
CORE VALUES The University core values with the acronym "ICARE"
Federal University Of Technology Akure Centres
- University Advancement Centre
- » International Strategy Office
- » Centre For Gender Issues In Science & Tech. (CEGIST)
- » Centre For Entrepreneurship ( CENT )
- » Centre Of Excellence In Food Production ( STEP B)
- » Centre For Space Research And Applications ( CESRA )
- » Computer Resource Centre ( CRC )
- » Industrial Training Unit
- » Quality Assurance
- » Centre For Research And Development ( CERAD )
- » CRL
- » West African Science Service Center On Climate Change And Adapted Land Use WASCAL
- » Equipment & Maintenance Centre (EMC )
- » Centre For Continuing Education ( CCE )
- » University Advancement Centre (UAC)
- School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology Agricultural Extension & Communication Technology, Agricultural & Resource Economics, Animal Production & Health, Crop, Soil & Pest Management, Fisheries & Aquaculture Technology, Ecotourism & Wildlife Management, Forestry & Wood Technology and Food Science & Technology.
- School of Engineering & Engineering Technology Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering and Mining Engineering.
- School of Earth & Mineral Sciences Applied Geophysics, Applied Geology, Meteorology, Marine Science & Technology and Remote Sensing & Geoscience Information Systems.
- School of Environmental Technology Architecture, Building Technology, Estate Management, Industrial Design, Quantity Surveying, Urban & Regional Planning, Surveying and Geoinformatics
- School of Management Technology Project Management Technology, Transport Management Technology, Library Management Technology and Entrepreneurship Management Technology.
- School of Sciences Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, General Studies, Mathematical Sciences, Microbiology, Physics and Statistics.