The Al-Rayan International School, ARIS is one of the leading IB World Schools not just in Ghana but Africa as a whole, as it sets on a journey towards inclusion, collaboration, and innovation. The ARIS Educational Model is centered on our students' personalised learning, performance and experiences giving an ode to student agency as they take ownership of their learning.
ARIS is fully authorized with the IB Primary Years Programme, IB Middle Years Programme, IB Diploma Programme, and the fourth and final IB Career-related Programme. The IBCP put us on the map as the first continuum school in Sub-Saharan Africa to offer all four IB Programmes.
ARIS is fortunate to have a highly professional and dynamic team of facilitators, who are committed to continuous professional development. At ARIS, students are by all means at the center of all growth and development as we move towards more creativity and more innovation in order to prepare 21st-century learners for the future full of possibilities that await.
- Primary School Campus: The new Primary Building is an ultramodern state-of-the-art building equipped to cater for the needs of the Early Years and the Primary Years Programme.
- Secondary School Campus: Since August 2014, the Secondary School has operated from the new campus on Shiashie Road in East Legon. The spacious new campus is located in a residential area on the eastern outskirts of Accra, approximately 6.5 km from the University of Ghana. The first building to be completed has three stories. The ground floor currently accommodates the Reception area, three classrooms, a Library/Multimedia center, a staff room, an Infirmary and offices for the Emotional Counsellor and the Administration. On the first floor are found the Science Labs, the Science supplies and equipment store, the Digital Learning Centre, an ICT Lab, and two offices. On the top floor are six more classrooms, an IT-equipped student workroom (intended primarily for the use of Diploma Programme students) and the offices of the CAS Coordinator and Career and Guidance Counsellor.
- Libraries and Multimedia Centre: Located on the lower floor, the Primary School Library provides a quality service to students in Playgroup to Year 6, their parents, and the entire ARIS community. It caters to those who want to borrow books in English, French, or the ARIS community's other home languages, such as Hindi, Arabic, and French. There is also a library for those in the secondary level.
- Science Labs: The Science Labs at ARIS accommodate a wide range of hands-on, practical courses in the natural and experimental sciences appropriate to Years 7 through 13. The IB Diploma Programme offers a progression in the shape of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics at Higher or Standard Level. Typically a student's choices pair Biology and Chemistry, or Chemistry and Physics. These are the best ways of preparing for university study in science-related fields.
- Interactive Learning Centre: The Samsung Interactive Learning Centre comes with student controlled devices, screen monitoring, and a lesson toolbar to help teachers monitor students’ activities, their progress and to maintain students’ attention during class.
- Art Spaces