About the role
As part of the Administration Team of the school, our aim is to carry out our roles in such a way that we enable and
support the teaching staff and promote positive Christian values within our work.
Staff should act with honesty and integrity; keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date and are self-critical; forge
positive professional relationships.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Finance Manager
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: The Accounts team, academic, and HR staff.
Chengelo values every child as a child of God and therefore; Staff are expected to:
• demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values, and behaviour which are expected of pupils.
• establish a safe and stimulating environment for pupils, rooted in mutual respect and in accordance with the
school’s behaviour policy
• make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
• be part of the congregation of North Church, both on Sunday mornings and in weekly home groups and prayer
meetings, and in their daily devotional times.
Staff is also encouraged to take part in the following activities:
• leading staff devotions at break time
The most powerful witness we give to students is through the way we live our lives, our fellowship together and
Biblical Christian standards are expected from the staff at all times.
Staff are expected to role model aspects of leadership so that students are trained throughout the school for
Demonstrate leadership where possible
• Provide good technical knowledge to the accounts team
• Be proactive in problem-solving, providing solutions as well as problems
• Uphold the school’s fee policy with parents and teachers
• Be vocal with suggestions in team meetings
• Ensure all necessary information is received into accounts department on a weekly basis
Staff is expected to carry out their duties efficiently, with utmost care and precision.
• Ensure a high level of accuracy in the entries posted, with minimal errors or corrections
• Deal with adjustments in a timely manner
• Credit Control and key contact for parents
• Overseeing supplier payments
• Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
• Assist in the preparation of monthly management Accounts and summaries for budget holders
• Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
• Knowledge of ZRA procedures relating to PAYE & Company Tax as well as NAPSA
• Conversant with other Statutory procedures and obligations
Chengelo requires high levels of collaborative work to function effectively. All staff is expected to work as
part of a team, helping to encourage one another. Teachers are expected to:
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality with regard to information obtained through your finance role
• Ensure that all communication with staff is clear and precise
• Work closely with the finance manager to build a strong accounts team
• develop effective professional relationships with colleagues, knowing how and when to draw on advice and
• Effective communication with a broad range of other staff, clinic, classroom, hostel, pastoral and academic
managers and senior managers to ensure pupils are properly cared for, and systems are maintained.
• Attending department meetings and staff meetings
• Fellowshipping with, praying with, pastorally caring for fellow colleagues, is an integral part of the community
5. RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Staff is expected to be good stewards of the School’s financial and material resources.
Review revenue expenditure regularly for:
• any overspend against budget
• any anomalous postings or payments
• any obvious omissions
6. EXTERNAL RELATIONS
All staff at Chengelo share responsibility for the way in which we live up to the motto of ‘As a witness to the
Light’. This requires us to live out values such as integrity and honesty. We aspire to reflect attitudes
commensurate with the fruits of the spirit.
o All correspondence should be professional and courteous
o Be able to uphold the school’s fee policies with parents with minimal assistance from the finance
o All emails should be reviewed by the finance manager before sending
o Staff must not communicate with external agencies, the media, or governmental authorities without
the prior approval of the Principal.